1 cup heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
1 package vanilla
6 large egg yolks
¾ cups superfine sugar
200 gr. dark chocolate
½ cup NOTEO Mint
¼ teaspoon salt
Homemade Chocolate ice cream with NOTEO Mint
1 cup heavy cream
How to cook
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream and milk. Add the vanilla into the pan.
- Gently heat the milk and cream mixture over medium-low until just under the boil.
- Meanwhile, in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and thickened.
- Pour half of the hot milk mixture into the beaten yolks and whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture back into the remaining hot cream in the pan and use a wooden spoon to stir continuously over low heat until it thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Break chocolate into a heatproof bowl and suspend the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water.
- Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and glossy, 3 to 6 minutes. Add NOTEO Mint and the salt and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Allow the chocolate and NOTEO Mint to cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes. Add it to the milk and cream mixture and beat until it is an even color.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan or an 20 by- 20-cm deep baking dish. Cover and place in the freezer.
- Remove every 30 minutes and beat with a fork to break up the ice crystals. Repeat this 6 times (over 3 hours). Remove again after 2 hours and beat with a fork before returning to the freezer to freeze completely. (Alternatively, you can use an ice-cream maker to churn to a soft-serve consistency, then transfer to a container to freeze completely.)